(20) Comfrey, Bocking #4 Root Cuttings
(20) Russian Comfrey, Bocking #4 Root Cuttings
- Grown naturally on a diverse permaculture farm
- shipped unwashed for greater longevity
- All Cuttings will be at least 2 inches long. Some will be much thicker than others
- If I include a thin cutting I will make sure that it is substantially longer than 2 inches.
Comfrey is an incredibly easy to grow plant with many uses. This variety does not spread by seed, only by roots, making its prolific growth much easier to control. Wonderful for mulch, weed suppression, fertilizer, animal feed, and herbal medicine.
Bocking #4 or Bocking #14?
- Both are great and useful
- Bocking #4 is more deeply rooted and thus more drought tolerant
- Bocking #4 has higher protein content and thus is preferred as an animal feed.